Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program
Who is Eligible?The Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program at St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne is offered to Registered Enrolled Nurses (Div 2). The applicants must have completed either the Certificate IV in Health (Nursing) or the Diploma of Nursing resulting in successfully gaining registration with AHPRA as an Enrolled Nurse.
What is the Program?
- The Overall Aim and Objective of the Graduate Program is to enable participants to transfer existing knowledge into quality patient outcomes and enabling participants to gather the knowledge, skills and resources to progress with their own independent learning and practices.
- The six month program is aimed at the newly registered Enrolled Nurse or Enrolled Nurses wanting make the transition to the Acute Care setting.
- Successful applicants will be employed on either a Full or Part-time 6 month contract in one of a variety of clinical areas, including Neurosciences, Orthopaedics, ENT, Gynaecology, Urology, Plastics and Day Surgery Units.
- Support consists of a ward-based preceptor. Clinical Coaches are also available in a supernumerary capacity and located in the clinical areas. An Education Consultant is responsible for the program overall.
- There are four paid study days over the course of the six month program, as well as access to regular ward in-service sessions and free twilight seminars.
- Supernumerary time and a graduated workload will aid in the transition of student to Registered Practitioner.
- Participants will be required to complete a number of learning packages, competency assessments and a short presentation to peers on the final study day.
Application Details:Applications for the Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program are accepted via E-Recruit on the hospital website and on www.seek.com.au. Applications must include a cover letter, resume and contact details of two professional referees.
St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne
59 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy Vic 3065
Tel: (03) 9411 7331